PAE is proud to have been selected with four other companies from across Australia by the State Government of NSW and NSW Local Government Procurement as preferred supplier for provision of solar power purchase agreements (PPAs).
The NSW Government and Local Government Procurement (LPG) Solar PPA Suppliers Panel can offer NSW Government agencies the option to access solar power without an upfront cost.
Five solar suppliers have been appointed to the Panel, which can offer solar Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) to NSW Government agencies and Local Governments.
A solar PPA allows the benefits of solar power to be achieved without the burden of requiring CAPEX and makes installing solar a decision to just reduce OPEX.
What is a solar Power Purchase Agreement?
A solar PPA is an agreement to host a solar system on the agency’s or local government’s roof and buy the power it produces at a reduced cost from the solar supplier, who owns and maintains the system. Power prices under a solar PPA are typically 20% cheaper than government contract rates.
Benefits of a solar Power Purchase Agreement
A solar PPA will:
- reduce energy costs and environmental impact
- demonstrate environmental leadership to the community
- provide predictable, discounted energy pricing for the life of the agreement.
Solar PPAs are suitable for a wide range of sites and agencies.
Support offered by NSW Office of Environment and Heritage
A solar PPA is a straight forward, low risk option, due to the support offered by the Office of Environment and Heritage.
Its support for agencies includes:
- a prequalified, carefully vetted panel of suppliers
- the Solar PPA Template Contract
- ongoing support
- the Solar Financing Tool
- the Solar PPA Program brochure – a brief overview of the program
- the Solar PPA Suppliers Panel contact list